In 1923, both Oklahoma State Bank of Welch and Bank of Welch served the Welch community. Oklahoma State Bank of Welch was located at 360 South Commercial Street and Bank of Welch was located at 391 South Commercial Street.
Welch State Bank was formed in August of 1923 as a result of the merging of Oklahoma State Bank of Welch and Bank of Welch. Those banks had served the community for many years.
In the early 1970’s Welch State Bank broadened their lending efforts to include cattle loans. As of present day, Welch State Bank continues to maintain a major focus on providing banking products to meet the needs of their agriculture community.
In April of 1976, Welch State Bank moved from it’s location at 391 South Commercial Street, to its present location in Welch at 396 S. Commercial Street.
In February of 1967, Mr. Charles L. Stoner began managing the bank and was named President of Welch State Bank in 1968.
In an effort to meet the needs of the people in the community, Mr. Charles L. Stoner introduced Real Estate Mortgage Lending in late 1967.
In 1981, Mr. Charles L. Stoner, Mr. Robert Richardson, Mr. C.E. Neill, Mr. Loyld Cowgill, Mr. Joe Neill, and Mr. Arthur W. Cousatte purchased control of the bank from Mr. John Buford, Mr. John Wallace and Mr. Ben Owens. In 1981 Welch State Bank held assets of approximately $12 Million.
In the early 1990’s Welch State Bank furthered their agricultural focus by becoming a Farm Service Agency Lender. Currently Welch State Bank is one of only a handful of Oklahoma banks to attain the Farm Service Agency “Preferred Lender” accreditation.
On April 1, 2002 the first Branch was opened for business in Miami, Oklahoma. This was our first attempt to expand our footprint to another town. It was a good move for our bank. Several of our officers already had banking relationships in the community and this made doing business a lot easier because of the convenience for the customers.
In February of 2003, the management of the bank changed. Mr. Arthur W. Cousatte was named Chief Executive Officer; Mr. James A. Stoner was named President; Mr. Charles L. Stoner continued as Chairman of the Board.
On January 14, 2011 we finalized the purchase of the South Coffeyville Branch from Regents Bank in Nowata. We think this opportunity fits us well because it is a rural setting and this fits us well.
Welch State Bank is owned between the Stoner and Cousatte families, with total assets of approximately $225 Million. Welch State Bank offers a variety of banking products and services to meet our customer’s needs.
Providing hometown banking by putting our customers first is what we do best.
Our commitment is to deliver high-quality personalized products and services to our customers at competitive prices.
Welch State Bank – "Where You Come First"