Economic Impact Payment | Stimulus Checks
For most taxpayers, payments are automatic, and no further action is needed. This includes taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019, as well as most seniors and retirees.
Pleases be aware! As Stimulus checks are coming there will also be an increase in fraud calls and scams. These can be via phone call, text, and even email.
This will give you information about:
- Your payment status
- Your payment type
- Whether we need more information from you, including bank account information
You May Need to Obtain:
- Your 2019 return, if filed, and
- Your 2018 return
- The IRS will never contact you by phone, email, social media, or text message
- Avoid clicking links sent in email or text messages that appear to be from the IRS
- Other scams include taxpayers receiving bogus checks in the mail, requesting you to verify the amount online